Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Seven Courses: Italy

Italians are often associated with cuisine, and for good reason, not just what they eat, but also how they eat it--slowly, with conversation, and in proper proportions. Indeed, a meal might last hours, and have up to seven courses. We had only one such meal while we were there (a great restaurant in Siena, called Gallo Nero, recommended to us by the Drakos),
but I figured I might as well offer you the posts for our jaunt to Italy in seven courses, too: Rome
Siena
Florence
Ferrara (times 2)
the Dolomites
Milan
and then a quick recapitulation and final thought for dessert (--not quite gelato, but hopefully a good last taste). Along the way, I will highlight family favorites: we voted for our top two experiences of various categories, and tallied the results. But I am only your waiter this evening. Your cook is Scout.
Shall we?

3 comments:

  1. Your adventures are amazing! I hope to use your blog to help plan our European adventures in the future! I hope that every member of the DeStefano family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Scout...I mean writer extraordinaire!
    I loved the details of the Rome trip and am looking forward to all 7 courses. But most of all... it was your writing that blew me away. I miss you very much. ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive