Friday, September 4, 2009

The Cutest Ever












































































I'm not saying any one of mine is cuter than other babies I have seen or than any other baby imaginable. I mean, with Sophias, Becs, the ol' crooked footed one, and Paully Jowles, and with all Foas or Loyles in the world, how could I?--or if you have ever seen JG's nephew--I mean, come on, that's just plain unfair. And yet, there is something happening here which is beyond parallel--something almost dangerous in its adorableness--something explosive. Of course, I am talking about what can be called the "sychronized dance squad effect." You see, if you were to take any one member of a dance squad and put him on a dance floor to fend for himself with all his practiced moves, you'd hardly be impressed, I bet. You might even show him up with a little running man or roger rabbit, a double-dog breech step or harpoon swing. But you surround that same little man with his bro and his sis--well, watch out!!! Imean, just look at the pictures.

Now, of course, the synchronization is hard to establish, and I can't even start to explain how incredible Suzy is, and we are only yet in the honeymoon period of newborn drowsiness multiplied by a preemie factor. But again, look at the pictures and think about the possibilities--oh, how I can exploit them! Ha ha ha ha... Maggie Foa has even picked their band name already, which I am sure you will all appreciate: "Suzy's Triple Ds" (a title becoming more and more appropriate every day, if I dare say so myself).

Anyway, to the drawing board with all that...

I just wanted to tell you that we are doing fine. Suzy is incredible, the luck and courage she had as preggo translating themselves into motherhood thus far; and the babies are beautiful and soft and precious and happy--their smiles conflate fall nights and summer days, and I am basking in their service, sleepy in their warmth. In truth, I can't stop taking pictures of them...

And then, on top of all that, we have had the greatest welcome into our new reality through the Kaiser nurses and doctors, and, of course, through your help and excitement, your concern and well-wishes--oh, and your dinners (--man, there is little doubt that I will emerge from the first year of their lives much plumper--Fat Daddy D might be my promoter name). Thank you everyone. What did I know of joy and love and of the hard, fulfilling work of peace, and of generosity and hope before ten days ago? I knew a lot about those words, anyone would say, and they would be right: Suzy and I have been embraced by the world throughout our lives. But as much as we knew then, it now seems but prelude to this--this happy happy joy--this being in full function--this dear responsibility and defining challenge of life: the definitions of these words and of all words, including fear and what not, have swollen tenfold.

And so, I guess you have cause to keep checking back with this blog. This spring's a river to fetch a sea. Thanks Hannah and Katie D for starting it. I don't know how frequently I will be able to use this outlet, but you can be sure that in the interim, life and love are surging onward, and are wanting this page...

Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive